Typically, we think of summer as the season for bright, bold colors, but your home can certainly benefit from a color boost any time of year. Winter’s outdoor palate is comprised largely of gray, white and generally muted colors, so adding a colorful statement will energize your interior spaces to contrast with the views outside.
5 Ways to Make a Statement With Bold Colors
- Add a splash of yellow. If you’re a sun seeker, the winter blues may be getting you down in which case a splash of yellow may be just what you need. You can paint an old wooden chair or mirror frame, or keep on the lookout for stylish yellow home accents.
- Accent your walls. Take the plunge and find a boldly patterned wallpaper or fabric to accent a wall. Or, swap out your kitchen backsplash for something with a little more pizzazz. Hanging a quilt on the wall is another excellent – and temporary – way to gain color.
- One dramatic piece. Go ahead and splurge on a dramatic piece of furniture, like a brightly colored sofa, wingback chair, or ottoman. It will change the energy in your living room.
- Think in subtle terms. Bold doesn’t have to mean bright. Sometimes it just means adding something a little different, like a soft green, blue, or lilac hue in an otherwise neutral space.
- Have fun. Use accent pillows and textiles with fun or quirky prints to add a little verve to your living spaces. Even a unique accent table can do the trick.
Interested in more ways to make a statement with bold colors? Visit the Cottage & Bungalow website and view our extensive collection of colorful, zesty and energizing home accents that will look right at home in your interior spaces.