Presentation is an instrumental part of entertaining and hosting, and it begins long before a single hors d’oeuvre or entree is plated; presentation starts with your table setting. Take time this holiday season to design a coastal inspired tabletop that will be memorable for family and friends.
Tips for Designing a Coastal Inspired Tabletop for Entertaining
- Take an inventory. Take a few moments to inventory what you have and what you need to achieve the look you want. Create a list for future use and check-off items that will be used for your upcoming gathering.
- Design the centerpiece. Centerpieces are a beautiful focal point before, during, and after the meal. The Sea Urchin Table Runner is a wonderful way to anchor yours. It’s attractive on its own or topped with candles, flower arrangements, and other coastal highlights.
- Add a few surprises. The most interesting tables mix the common with the rare. Our Fishstix Flatware offer a unique way to add something different and fun to your traditional holiday spread.
- Don’t be afraid to mix patterns. Perfectly matched table settings end up looking trite and boring. Instead, feel free to mix patterns as long as you honor similar color families. The burnt-orange coral florets on the Coral Melamine Dinnerware work perfectly with the aforementioned Sea Urchin Table Runner.
- Enjoy a toast to the hostess. Have your wine at the ready with our Beach Time Wine Lover’s Collection so you can enjoy a toast celebrating yet another successful dinner party.
Cottage and Bungalow’s online catalog has all the stylish extras that will help to enhance your coastal inspired tabletop for this year’s entertaining and hosting season.