Whether you live close enough to the beach that you enjoy a clear view of the ocean, or you’re creating classic coastal style in an inland home, there are a handful of must-have items required to complete the design you’re going for.
Use These 5 Essentials to Create Classic Coastal Style
- Blue & White Striped Poufs. This addition combines three coastal design staples: comfort, stripes and a nautical blue and white motif. Poufs are a versatile furnishing, used for seating, as a foot rest or an end table.
- An Ocean View. Even those living in the Midwest or Rockies can enjoy an ocean view using lifelike artistic representations. Browse the C&B Art Galleries to bring your walls to life.
- Pops of Turquoise. Turquoise is a vibrant and stunning accent, universal in most coastal designs. Look for ways to add pops of turquoise to your home via accent pillows, upholstery, and accent lights.
- Natural fiber rugs. Woven seagrass and jute area rugs provide a neutral background and stand up to sand, heavy foot traffic, and general wear and tear.
- Shells, shells, and more shells. Nobody can resist picking up a beautiful shell on the beach. Implement seashell decor via mirrors, picture frames, or shelving to house your personal collection.
Subscribe to Cottage & Bungalow’s Blog for classic coastal design tips.