If you have your own private oasis, like a beach house or family property on the shores of the Lowcountry, then you can easily enjoy a staycation without leaving the comfort of your own home. Even if you’re not in an exotic locale, taking a much needed reprieve from a stressful schedule doesn’t have to mean spending a huge amount of money or traveling far away.
Whether you live inland or on the coast, here are some tips on making the most of your staycation:
- Enjoy the great outdoors. If you live on the coast, you can experience a new fishing or diving adventure. Try taking a guided tour of a local park, going for a hike or paddle-boarding at a nearby lake.
- Sign up for a class. Explore new hobbies and interests by signing up for a class at your local library or municipal center. Check out your local community center for intriguing workshops or classes.
- Clean house. Hire a housecleaning service to freshen up your home before you return to the daily grind.
- Prepare an outdoor meal. Invite your family and friends over for a low-country boil or picnic-style meal.
- Indulge in a home bar. A staycation is the perfect time to practice your cocktail mixing skills. Set out your favorite drinks, ice, citrus wedges and enjoy!
A homemade breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice is a foolproof way to start off a relaxing day!
With your extra cash, hire a massage therapist to work their magic on your shoulders.
At Cottage & Bungalow, we specialize in furnishings, accent pieces and gifts geared towards turning your home into a coastal oasis no matter where you live. For more coastal living inspiration, visit our Pinterest page, or browse through our website.