There are several design features that set beach house decor apart from other contemporary design motifs. If you’re ready to revamp your living room decor, or your current beach house design needs a little updating, the following tips are tailored just for you.
Tips For Designing Comfy Living Room Beach House Decor
- Add Plush, Bold Accents. Go bold with oversized accent pillows or throw blankets that are ultra-comfortable and simultaneously add bold splashes of color. The Delano Yellow Embroidered Pillow adds warmth and vibrant energy to couches and reading chairs.
- Promote Peace. Beaches manage to balance the powerful energy of the ocean with feelings of peace and tranquility. Strive to bring peace to your living room with white furnishings and accessories that add light, air and space to a room.
- Blend indoor/outdoor colors. Even if your home is far from the sea, you can use coastal colors to enhance the blues, greens and neutrals found in your home’s views. The Fallon Driftwood Brown/Spruce Green rug is a great place to start.
- Be practical. Comfort and practicality go hand-in-hand. Use indoor/outdoor upholstery and natural-fiber textiles that are durable and easy to keep clean. Machine-washable slip covers will also keep furniture fresh.
- Versatile furniture. A smaller space requires versatile furnishings that offer style and function without requiring too much space. The Swedish Two-Door Bookcase with glass doors, which adds depth, does the trick.
Browse Cottage & Bungalow’s online catalog for furnishings and textiles to enhance your comfy, contemporary beach house decor.