Start off a cool fall morning with these delicious Pumpkin-Ginger Waffles. These waffles will fill your kitchen with an incredible aroma that is sure to have your family heading straight to the kitchen! Fry up some county bacon for the side to counterbalance the sweet waffles and you have the perfect breakfast or brunch.
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Remove 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and toss with crystallized ginger in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Combine with flour mixture. Stir in butter and fold in reserved crystallized-ginger mixture. Do not overmix.
- Heat a waffle iron and make waffles, using about 1/2 cup batter per each one. Keep warm in 200°F oven, if desired.
Recipe from Country Living Magazine.
Cottage and Bungalow’s Coral Reef Dinnerware is the perfect tableware for your fall table. The warm coral tone would look beautiful mixed with brown and white linens. The plates are highly chip resistant and go from freezer to oven without cracking. They are also microwave and dishwasher safe.