Not all beach lovers have the privilege of living by the sea. If you are a suburban dweller pining for the blue-green tones of the ocean, it’s time to transition your suburban home into a beach cottage.
Use Beach Cottage Furniture to Transform a Suburban Home in 5 Steps
Congratulations! You are just a few clicks away from the beach cottage of your dreams.
- Start with the big items. Your couch, sofa, and ottoman are the place to start. The Cuban Love Seat is elegant, timeless, and forms a neutral base to build upon with other accents.
- Move onto the smaller furnishings. Now it’s time to select end tables to hold your lamps (coming right up). How about the Lanza Round Side Table trimmed in faux shagreen with beautifully tapered, natural acacia wood legs? The Penny Console boasts a low-profile and narrow design – ideal for smaller spaces – with plenty of room for hidden storage and a few open shelves to display favorite beach collectibles.
- Let there be light. Lighting is one of the most important elements of interior design. Choose a lamp that is as stunning as the light it casts. We recommend the Aqua Crystal Chipped-Edge lamp. The Caribbean-blue crystals are equally captivating with lights on or off. Reflect all that light and gorgeous decor with a Crescent Beach Mirror.
- Add the Accents. Accents, like the Fish School Outdoor Sunbrella Pillow, or cozy beach throws add comfort and a little more pizzazz.
- Anchor it all with the right rug. Use a luxurious area rug to anchor your new furniture and furnishings, creating a sense of intimacy. The Boardwalk Powder Blue/White Starfish Pile Rug is like an area rug and a work of art all rolled into one.
Browse Cottage & Bungalow to find additional beach cottage furniture and accents to make your suburban “beach home” complete.