Your outdoor spaces should feel like a continuation of your indoor rooms. Porches, patios or decks deserve to be decorated with the same though and care as the spaces inside your home. This is particularly true in coastal homes where we tend to live life outside.
Here are our five tips for creating a great outdoor space.
1. Define the space with an area rug. These lively rugs look great indoors or out.
2. Mix and match your furniture. People tend to use matching sets of furniture when they are decorating their outdoor space. Don’t be afraid to mix things up and mix different finishes or types of furniture. Using different types of furniture such as wicker seats with a teak table will create a space that feels collected over time.
3. Select lighting that complements the decorating scheme.
4. Soften the space with pillows and throws. Our hand painted indoor/outdoor pillows stand up to outdoor use. Have cozy throws on hand for when temperatures drop as evening temperatures drop.
5. If your outdoor space is protected from the elements add some art. Whimsical signs will give your outdoor space some personality. Custom signs will make a unique statement.
Do you have any clever ideas for decorating outdoor spaces? Let us know by leaving a comment – or share your ideas on our Facebook Fan Page.